4th Annual Home Made Raft Race
- Created on Tuesday, 12 August 2014 07:28
4th Annual Home Made Raft Race!
Shot gun start from Bezanson Bridge at 10:30am. The race ends at River Stone.
So don't miss out, there's still lots of time to make a Raft!!
There is a $50 fee as well as a few minor rules to follow, listed below.
Winner gets 90% of the pot and there names on our Raft Race Trophy!
2nd place gets a $50 Tab at the Clubhouse
We have pictures of previous years in our gallery as well, if you would like to see what this crazy race is all about.
2. Raft must have a minimum of 4 crew members, no maximum
3. No commercially manufactured engines or motors, all rafts must be human powered / self-propelled
4. No maximum or minimum size of the raft
5. Any raw or sharp edges must be padded/ covered
6. All minors must be accompanied by an adult/ guardian
7. No help from another team or another person that is not a part of your crew
8. Raft must have a suitable tow line/ rope attached securely
9. Each raft must have a life jacket for every crew member
10. Raft must have a garbage bag on board. No littering is permitted
11. No glass bottles allowed on board. Only plastic and cans please
12. All rafts must be completed & registered before race day
13. Tire tubes & barrels are permitted. Manufactured boats, canoes, kayaks or dinghies are not.
14. All rafts must be inspected before the race to ensure they are following our rules.
15. Raft must be able to be carried by your crew from the beach into the water with no additional help. At the finsh line, same rules apply - they must be able to pack the raft back on the beach.
16. Anyone that breaks our rules will be automatically disqualified